Dialogue

         I Have reached the end of the semester and the final project is to have a character and lip sync an audio track to the animation. This project would not have taken me so long if I didn't spend a few hours just looking for what audio clip I wanted to use.

        For the actual animation of the character I chose to do a puppet because I felt it was the easiest way to go about it. If I did everything by frame by frame it would have come out smoother, but it would have taken WAY too much time. I feel like using a puppet when applicable is the easiest way to produce a product without devoting half of your soul to the animation gods. 

        Overall it was not too hard to sync the audio. It definitely helped to amplify the expression you make for each syllable in real life to get the right mouth shape to convey the words properly. I really liked the ability to sync the character's actions to the audio as well. 
        
        I used mudkip mainly because I promised my friend that I would make him an animation with mudkip in it, so I thought it would be best to use everything I've learned and throw in mudkip with it. Mudkip doesn't fully understand his own power and breaks the table when just trying to slice a piece of sushi. 

        I enjoyed the class a lot. It was very time consuming, but it offered a break from the other intense courses that I was taking even though it was still "work" in itself. It allowed me to express my creative side while also benefitting from it by getting necessary credits to complete my four years at college. 

        Thanks Mrs. Corrigan for being a great teacher and always helping us if we needed it. I really and truly did enjoy your class and I am happy that I was given the opportunity to learn about 2D animation because I have always have had a little curiosity about it.




Comments