Head Turn

        This new project only has to be around 24 frames long, but it will probably take just as long as the previous animation. A Head Turn is complicated... With so many moving parts and proper proportions and scaling issues that are bound to happen, it will be a challenge to make the head turn look smooth

        Also, to make thing just that more difficult for myself, I'm going to use a human looking head in my animation. I have NEVER drawn at least a semi-realistic human head before because I've always gotten about half way through it, or I just couldn't get the right shapes and give up because it looked "wrong". I've always been much better at drawing animals rather than people or facial features. 

        Professor Corrigan showed us a technique to make a head turn simpler where you will draw the beginning, middle, and end poses. You will then copy those drawings, overlay them, and draw the "middle" of the drawings and now you have your first in between frame. You continue this technique throughout the animation and Voila! you have a head turn. 

        I learned a lot during this project on aspects of human anatomy and human behavior. I also learned about takes; which I did not include in my animation. I'm glad I challenged myself to do a human head, but it was definitely a lot of work.



        

        

Comments