Overlapping Action

         Today I learned about overlapping action. Overlapping Action is what makes something seem believably life-like. It adds that hint of extra touch and fluidity to an animation that makes it smooth and easy on the eyes without jarring and abrupt stops or starts.

         I was only required to animate overlapping action with one object, but in more complex animations that can easily turn into 3+ objects all with overlapping action influencing and interacting with each other. 

I did add a little bit of an extra touch. I decided to be a little creative and added a background. It was actually really enjoyable creating the background and it was the most fun part about this project. 

I'm excited to use overlapping action, especially when we start animating characters!


Comments