Bouncing Ball

         I got my first real assignment today. Something that I can add my own creativity to. The assignment was to create an animation where a bouncing ball interacts with the environment three different times. 

        I went through so many different scenarios and objects that I could have the ball bounce off of, so before I touched the Wacom tablet, I made a crudely drawn storyboard in a notebook with different scenes and objects I could have the ball interact with. I settled on a Portal themed animation and got to work.

        I mainly followed my story board outline, but I did deviate from it towards the end of the animation. The most challenging part about this was keeping the ball a consistent size throughout the animation. I had to used the onion skin tool to look at all of the drawings of the ball for the whole animation. The most enjoyable part was when I was animating the ball continuously falling and getting faster and faster through the portals.

         All in all, the process was very fun and enjoyable. I worked on this project for about 4-5 hours, but it was an enjoyable 5 hours. I'm Very excited to get into more complex animations and designs!


Comments